Offshore Markets Manager
Leading renewable energy developer looking for an Offshore Markets Manager to identify growing offshore wind markets and to secure significant projects in these markets. Primary responsibilities will include working with the offshore team and regional General Managers to identify new offshore market opportunities and to progress offshore greenfield and acquisition opportunities within these markets and to support new bidding processes in existing offshore markets. Key responsibilities will also include identifying liaising with and securing suitable local partners in new markets.
- Working closely with the Regional GMS's, contribute to, develop and manage the offshore market strategy and business plan.
- Work with the Head of offshore to develop budgets/ timelines to support the offshore business plan and prepare background papers/ reports to secure all necessary approvals
- Co-ordinate across offshore markets, deputising for the Head of Offshore as required.
- Working with regional and head office based teams, to identify new markets that show high growth potential for offshore wind.
- Leading the New Markets Team to research new markets, identifying the need for third party input to site selection/ market entry papers and obtaining suitable information.
- Assessing ad-hoc greenfield and acquisition opportunities within new markets to the Head of Offshore.
- Agreeing market entry recommendations to the Head of Offshore o
- Evaluate the need for a partnership in new markets and if required, identify suitable partner candidates.
- Initiate introductions with potential suitable partners and hold initial discussions to assess whether a partnership would be feasible for both parties.
- Lead project due diligence in new markets and the preparation of necessary board papers for the internal approval process.
- Prepare and manage the budget for offshore new markets activities.
- Lead the New Markets Team in the preparation and submission of tenders, bids, industry responses etc.
- Act as Bid manager for major bids as required
- Liaise closely with commercial, engineering, procurement and EAG teams to produce financial analysis as required
- Set up offices in approved new markets (recruit local personnel, identify office location etc.).
- Attend industry events to build presence in new markets.
- Manage the offshore New Markets Team.
- Highly organised, commercially astute with an ability to build relationships across the company and with external partners
- Relishes challenge, and takes a positive, hands on, "can do" approach to all tasks
- Experience in site selection, reporting, budgeting and approval processes
- Willingness to travel to new markets
- Experience in contributing to and managing bids
- Experience in wind energy - offshore
- Degree qualified, second degree preferred.