Principal Wind Analyst
The Principal Wind Analyst will lead on all aspects of wind resource and energy yield modelling for offshore wind projects with a leading energy developer.
You will take responsibility for providing inputs to the finance department, operation teams and board level executives on business critical decisions relating to asset operations, project development and potential future opportunities.
This is a full-time staff role based in Edinburgh.
- Manage and take lead responsibility for the development of Energy Yield Assessments for the purposes of reaching financial close of wind farm assets, potential projects and acquisitions.
- Energy modelling towards the finance department for the purposes of securing final close and determining energy production over the lifetime of a project.
- Collaborating with 'Financial Modeller' to ensure the information flow is aligned and optimised.
- Taking ownership of the optimisation of specific aspects of the project design such as reducing uncertainties within the Energy Yield Analysis and providing leading edge analytical solutions for energy modelling.
- Driving down the levelised cost of energy by optimising site layouts with respects to wind yield, site & meteorological conditions and wake effects.
- Co-ordinating and liaising with other disciplines, including WTG & marine engineering, consenting and safety.
- Critically reviewing Turbine Supply Agreement(s).
- Managing stakeholder relationships with regards to wind resource assessment, energy yield modelling and site wind, met ocean conditions and turbine suitability.
- Developing wind measurement strategies for new deployments in line with latest standards.
- Implementing deployment of wind measurement devices and managing the data collection of different measurements sources.
- Determining wind conditions assessments for the purposes of turbine suitability and performance analysis.
- Appraising onsite measurements with suitable regional and global earth science models, including re-analysis, mesoscale and microscale.
- Managing the portfolio of collected wind data from the different measuring sources.
- Completing SCADA based operation Energy Yield Assessments for the operational wind fleet.
- Driving innovative ideas and internal research including a specific focus on data science, techniques for alternative energy production, power-to-x and energy storage.
- Demonstrable experience in a wind analyst role performing independent assessment of wind resource and energy yield calculations according to industry best practice.
- Ability to deliver wind resource assessments and pre or post construction energy yield modelling for a number of onshore and offshore wind farms.
- Experience in supporting projects in competitive auctions (such as Contracts for Difference) and gaining financial close and/or project financing.
- Experience of managing external technical advisors and performing due diligence reviews of third-party energy yield assessments.
- Experience of wind measurement systems, including traditional meteorological masts, LiDARs and FLiDARs.
- Experience in conducting high fidelity wake models and/or wind farm level control algorithms.
- Experience providing inputs to the Basis of Design of offshore WTG's and WTG substructure, including meteorological oceanographic (met ocean), hydrodynamic modelling and wind regime assessments.
- Degree or relevant equivalent in Meteorology, Aeronautics or Astronautics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Engineering.
- Relevant qualifications or experience of using modelling software and analysis tools.