Senior Authorised Person
Excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded and experienced team as a Senior Asset Manager as they expand and support the evolution of the UK's decarbonised electricity sector.
The role will be responsible for the day to day management and operation of the OFTO assets of a major UK offshore wind farm.
This is a permanent role based in London.
- Ensuring appropriate Health, Safety & Environmental compliance as part of the O&M contract.
- Site safety, including operational and safety switching, safety management, issuing safety documents and RAMS.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the company's Electrical Safety Rules.
- Day to day management of OFTO assets.
- Day to day management of the O&M contractors.
- Planning and co-ordination of maintenance activities onshore and offshore.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the OFTO assets to assist with the initial response to alarms and events.
- Leading the development of the company's asset and maintenance policy.
- Maximising asset availability.
- Implementing site operational procedures and processes.
- Establishing, developing and assisting in the development of contingency plans.
- Project Management, including the specification, technical input to the procurement process and supervision and management of contractors.
- O&M and technical input to future transmission bidding processes.
- Development of company policies and production of required documentation.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to the head of asset management.
- Operational planning and liaison with associated stakeholders.
- Building business cases for investment and management of large scale projects.
- Degree qualified or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
- Successful track record within power infrastructure management, ideally in the offshore wind industry or electricity supply industry.
- Experience in the UK electricity supply or offshore industries, including knowledge of health and safety policy and legislation, electrical safety rules and asset management procedures.
- Hold a current SAP authorisation 132kV.
- Detailed asset specific knowledge of transformers, cables, switchgear, light current (protection and SCADA), and offshore structures.
- Knowledge of Grid Code / SO-TO code interface procedures.
- Experience of submarine cable surveys, reburial and rep.
- Experience of contract management and managing outsourced O&M activities.
- Track record of successfully managing critical electrical assets.
- IOSH, NEBOSH or other relevant safety qualifications.
- Ability to attain Senior Authorised Person's authorisation, under the relevant electrical safety rules.
- Possession of GWO certification, or capability to achieve certification (training will be provided).
- Numerate problem solver, commercially aware with ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with project partners, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.