Taylor Hopkinson are recruiting for a Wind Development Manager based in the Netherlands for an international renewable energy company.
This role will involve developing our client’s understanding of the opportunity and stakeholder network within the Dutch market, originating project development and acquisition opportunities, coordinating due diligence of markets, projects and companies, managing transactions from inception through to closing, negotiating transaction documents and preparing business plans and/or investment approval papers, supporting the set up and resourcing of new JVs or companies as well as potentially taking a role in the implementation and oversight of acquired or developed projects. Providing support on other EMEA markets may also be required.
- Define the strategic options for growth within the Dutch market, including greenfield, repowering and acquisitions, and preparing a comprehensive business plan for the region.
- Originate and attend bilateral meetings, industry conferences and events to further develop our client’s network within the Netherlands and understanding of market developments, opportunities and risks.
- Identify, analyse, and manage joint venture, development and acquisition opportunities across allocated markets (with the support of specialist transactional and technical colleagues based in other jurisdictions).
- Coordinate internal/external specialists in evaluating opportunities and developing the business case for investment, working with colleagues to prepare the project valuations and investment approval papers.
- There are opportunities to lead on the implementation of such projects or ventures in line with the approved investment case or to support in the setting up of project teams to manage such implementation.
- Support the development of appropriate standards and processes for our client as they grow in the Dutch market, with a regional outlook and collaboration approach.
- Ideally 7 years of experience in one or more of the following specialist areas within the wind sector (with significant experience of the Dutch market specifically): project development, project acquisitions, corporate finance/M&A, project finance, strategy and/or business development.
- Managerial role/oversight of at least one of the above noted specialist areas in relation to multiple development projects or transactions comprising high value/complex project financing/corporate elements.
- Material involvement in and understanding of the broad commercial analysis and focused decision-making necessary for investing in, realising and selling Wind projects.
- Capable people-manager able to direct, encourage, inspire and work alongside juniors, peers and seniors in a positive and outcomes-focused environment.
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160