Electrical Engineering Manager – Madrid
Taylor Hopkinson is in search of an Electrical Engineering Manager, based in Madrid, to join a leading investor with multiple renewable energy projects across Europe and the Americas. This person will need to drive the international business towards best practice in design, quality and operations engineering.
- Develop management processes, guidance and standards for electrical design, grid connection and HV operations, obtaining the support and agreement of relevant parties and working to ensure adoption throughout the business
- Assist in the selection of major equipment and assess risk and opportunity of the technology at both corporate and project level
- Understand the grid code and connection process in key markets, and proactively support local teams to ensure viable grid connections and meet grid code requirements
- Provide support to pre-construction activities in setting contractor commitments, requirements and technical specifications, and participate in negotiations
- Perform review of project design, the suitability to site constraints and make recommendations for optimisation.
- Support project construction teams in managing design risks
- Lead the scope and terms of the maintenance agreement and negotiation with contractors as required, providing technical support
- Conduct site audits and inspections, technology reviews, site visits and inspections, supporting the local team.
- Work with asset managers to identify and implement operational performance improvements and manage projects to resolve defects, equipment failures, establish root cause and recommended actions
- Specify due diligence on electrical design, quality, grid compliance and grid connection for potential acquisition projects
- Lead the electrical and grid elements of acquisition due diligence, managing consultants, challenging assumptions, reviewing reports and driving identified issues through to resolution in a timely manner with clear recommendations
- Degree qualification in electrical or other relevant engineering
- Previous experience and expertise in electrical engineering working on operating PV/wind projects
- Experience in agreeing EPC requirements, reviewing designs and execution of works, TSA negotiation, and connection processes
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel internationally