Job ID 10127
Our client is looking for a Project Planner for their offshore wind development and construction project in Europe.
- Manage the Programme schedule (Primavera P6) for the Windfarm project, ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management.
- Support the development of the detailed project Refinement and Execution programme, integrating Consultant/Contractor programmes, internal Project Management, Financing and Engineering activities, and Regulatory/Consenting requirements, ensuring alignment with key project milestones and schedule drivers.
- Undertake analysis of Delay Events notified within Consultants/Contractors Claims to determine the validity of these claims.
- Support Programme Baseline Management and Change Control throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of project change control notifications, and schedule impact of progress reported.
- Review of programme submissions by Consultants and EPC Contractors.
- Monthly updates to Project programme.
- Identify critical path for project and for sub packages, criticality of work scopes, and ensure that potential delays to critical activities are identified and mitigated.
- Work closely with Interface and Package managers to ensure project interfaces are optimised for Project delivery.
- Participate in project Interactive Planning sessions, risk assessments, progress, budget and forecast reviews, risk workshops and lessons learned sessions.
- Assist Procurement & Commercial (P&C) team in specifying contract programme and progress reporting requirements.
- Assist Project Management decision making by providing clear and concise analysis of impacts of schedule delays and mitigation strategies.
- Work with Commercial managers to ensure alignment between programme forecasts and cost reporting.
- Provide Project Management with analysis of schedule delay impacts and mitigation strategies.
- Produce clear and concise management reports to assist senior management decision making.
- Review programme submissions from Consultants (Schedule Quality, Change Impacts etc).
- Monthly Programme/Schedule progress reporting.
- We are looking for someone who has extensive Project Planning experience within large complex projects. You should have proven experience working within a Planning or Project Controls team. A background in offshore wind would be advantageous, though this is not essential.
- 5 years of Project Planning experience, working within large, multi-contract Engineering and Construction projects, including building fully integrated complex activity networks.
- Highly skilled user of Primavera P6 planning software.
- Experience in carrying out delay analysis and analysis of schedule implications of contractor claims.
- Experience in running what-if scenarios
- Ability to work with package and project managers, interface manager and 3rd party contractors to identify schedule pinch points, interface issues and identify optimal schedule solutions.
- Ability to produce clear and concise information that will assist senior management decision making.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills will be essential for this role, allowing you to forge and maintain strong working relationships.
- Focus on continuous improvement, striving to improve the quality of planning output as an aid to project decision making.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Commercial Awareness - knowledge of construction contracting structures is.
- Formal Project Management qualification, such as Prince2, APM PMQ / IPMA level D.
- Experience of using qualitative and quantitative modelling methods.
- Experience with Risk Management tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience of Offshore Wind projects.