Risk Manager – Offshore Wind Farm APAC
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're currently recruiting for our client, the Taiwan-based renewable energy developer for the offshore wind energy industry in APAC. With extensive experience in the development, construction, operation, and maintenance, they have established themselves as one of the few offshore wind companies in Asia that have a proven track record across the life cycle of offshore wind farms.
*This is a senior position that requires years of Offshore Wind Project Risk Management experience. Relocation to Taiwan or at least willingness to stay in Taiwan for most of the time in one year is required.*
Position: Risk Manager - Offshore Wind Farm Projects APAC
Location: Taipei, Taiwan (Frequent travel to project sites across APAC may be required)
The Risk Manager will play a crucial role in overseeing risk management activities for our offshore wind farm projects in the Asia-Pacific region. This individual will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and mitigating project risks to ensure successful project delivery and long-term operational excellence. The Risk Manager will collaborate closely with various cross-functional teams, project stakeholders, and external partners to proactively manage risks and implement robust risk management strategies.
- Risk Identification and Assessment:
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments for each offshore wind farm project in the APAC region.
- Identify potential risks related to construction, operation, finance, regulatory compliance, environmental impact, and other relevant areas.
- Work closely with project teams to assess risk probabilities, potential impacts, and develop risk registers for projects.
- Risk Mitigation and Monitoring:
- Develop and implement risk mitigation plans and strategies to minimize the impact of identified risks.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure risk mitigation measures are integrated into project plans and activities.
- Continuously monitor project progress and potential new risks, updating risk registers as required.
- Financial Risk Management:
- Analyze financial risks associated with project development, construction, and operations.
- Work with the Finance team to develop risk models, perform sensitivity analyses, and stress testing for financial projections.
- Advise on appropriate risk transfer mechanisms, such as insurance, to protect the company's financial interests.
- Compliance and Regulatory Risk:
- Stay updated on relevant laws, regulations, and permitting requirements in APAC countries.
- Ensure project compliance with all applicable regulatory obligations and environmental standards.
- Collaborate with legal and regulatory teams to navigate complex compliance issues.
- Stakeholder Communication:
- Effectively communicate risk profiles, potential impacts, and mitigation strategies to project stakeholders, senior management, and investors.
- Prepare and present risk reports and updates for regular project review meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, or a related field. A Master's degree would be an advantage.
- Proven experience (10-15 years) in risk management, recent experience in the offshore wind industry with developer.
- Strong understanding of project development and project life-cycle risks for offshore wind.
- Familiarity with financial risk analysis, risk modeling, and risk assessment tools.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey complex concepts effectively.
- Willingness to travel to project sites within the APAC region as required.
Join us in the mission to shape a sustainable future and contribute to the growth of renewable energy in the APAC region. We offer a competitive salary package, a supportive work environment, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through clean energy initiatives.