Senior Manager, Procurement for Cable – Offshore Wind APAC
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're currently recruiting for our client, the major renewable energy developer for the offshore wind energy industry in APAC. With extensive project development experience in the development, construction, operation, and maintenance, they have established themselves as one of the few offshore wind companies in Asia that have a proven track record across the life cycle of offshore wind farms.
We are seeking a highly experienced and knowledgeable Senior Manager, Procurement for Cable, the Owner of the Cable category procurement management system, hereunder document management system administration. This role will be responsible for identifying and maintaining sound relationships with existing or potential Cable OEMs in sync with company directions and project-level requirements for Offshore Wind Farms.
Location: Taiwan, Japan or South Korea
- Owner of the Cable category procurement management system, here under document management system administration
- Ensure legal, technical, commercial, and financial compliance against both internal and external requirements
- Identify and maintain sound relationship to existing or potential Cable OEMs in sync with company directions and project level requirements
- Support negotiating turbine supply agreements with relevant Cable suppliers
- Monitor, update, and report to line management regarding market dynamics, here under pricing structures
- Identify and seek to implement opportunities in contracting complex Cable agreements to efficiently serve regional and project level objectives
- Cable category: Coordinate and manage all aspects in conducting pre-qualifications, invitations to tenders framework agreements or requests for information, proposals, quotation, coordinate and manage the selection process with input from all relevant stakeholders
- Provide support or interface with contractual processes in other areas as required from time to time
- A university degree from major studies with commercial, financial, technical, or legal background
- 10 years or more procurement experience with recent experience in Offshore Wind Farms.
- Prior experience in offshore industrial contracts e.g., TSA, EPCI, , service and availability agreements, framework agreements, FIDIC, Bare Boat, or BIMCO based forms, etc.
- Working knowledge of the offshore wind industry and supply chain environment
- Strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques
- Strong people management capability
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Experience with high value industrial contracts
- Rotated in mid-to-high-level procurement manager position with a recent focus on cable package
- Business level English, and preferable knowledge of Japanese, Mandarin or Korean
- Willingness to relocate to Asia will be highly preferred, at least willing to spend most of the time of the year in Asia.