Senior Transmission O&M Engineer
Opportunity to join an offshore wind developer during a period of growth who have an extensive pipeline of European projects. As the Senior Transmission O&M Engineer, you will form part of the team leading in powering the energy transition through development, construction, operation, and ownership of renewable energy generation and green infrastructure.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Newcastle.
- Prepare system operation manuals and define maintenance and fault preparedness needs.
- Follow up multiple interfaces for the HVDC scope of the project development as the O&M representative.
- Contribute to competence profile strategy for the offshore technicians who will provide first line support to offshore HVDC platform.
- Define and plan maintenance and inspection strategies and lead relevant O&M contract preparations and tenders. Engage in experience transfer and learning from other similar HVDC systems.
- Be prepared to do short term business travels offshore, domestically and internationally if required.
- Be responsible for safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the HVDC transmission assets.
- Prepare technical documentation for OFTO O&M service offer and engage in the OFTO divestment process.
- Management of transmission contractors, including day-to-day interface with OFTO.
- Review loss of availability from transmission system, provide analysis and collaborate to recommend improvements to asset and maintenance.
- Ensure high quality maintenance and safety information is captured and processed in corporate systems in line with management system processes.
- Degree or relevant qualification in electrical engineering or similar subject.
- Experience working with Transmission System Owners.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and HVDC infrastructure, ideally with particular focus on offshore wind commissioning and/or operations.
- Sound technical knowledge of large electrical / mechanical systems.
- Strong team player with demonstrable team leadership and management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to be proactive, work independently, deliver your own ideas and results, and perform high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work offshore when required, potentially on rotation during commissioning and operation.