T&I Package Manager – Offshore Wind APAC
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're hiring for our client, the major renewable energy developer in Taiwan, with a pipeline of offshore wind projects across Taiwan and other parts of Asia such as Japan and Korea. They're a portfolio company of a fund capital, a US-based infrastructure fund with regional headquarter in Hong Kong.
*This is a full-time permanent leadership position that requires extensive experience in offshore wind farm T&I activities for all packages and team management experience. For non-Taiwanese candidates, this position requires relocation to Taiwan or work on a travel/rotation basis.*
Your key duties will be to ensure knowledge related to transport & installation of fixed bottom and floating wind project works is carried out in a safe, efficient and professional manner. In addition, the below points provide the key
highlights of the task at hand.
- Development and Construction of Offshore Wind Farm installation and logistics concepts for company's future projects.
- Execution of the time scheduling, risks, budget control and interdisciplinary coordination of offshore construction activities.
- Support budgetary proposal processes with domestic and international offshore construction companies.
- Work with other packages in the selection and evaluation of necessary transport and installation equipment (for example vessels and cranes) and installation harbour.
- Support the commercial / procurement team with preparation of contracts and vessel charter with offshore construction companies and contract management.
- Evaluation of technical and commercial aspects of different installation methodologies.
- Interface Management to foundation, electrical/cable and turbine packages (and others) as well as to partner companies participating in projects together with the company and to authorities and governmental bodies.
- Responsibility for implementation of the developed construction concepts together with chosen supplier.
- Be a champion when it comes to safety and quality of work.
- Highlight lessons learned and draft suggested improvements.
Qualifications and key competences include:
- Engineering management experience from large multidisciplinary projects.
- At least 8 years of technical experience in transport & installation activities for offshore wind farms.
- Holds a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Logistics or closely related areas, or has significant industry experience.
- Market knowledge specific to supply chain, manufacturing, transport & installation methodologies and relevant contracts associated with executing these works.
- Experience in development and construction of projects in offshore wind farms.
- Project management experience in offshore logistics and proven track record in offshore wind project management.
- Strong team player with intercultural communication and negotiation skills.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness and ability to work offshore and at heights.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work in Taiwan