O&M Engineer required to join a leading European O&M provider in the Solar PV industry, based Near Zeeland, south of the Netherlands.
The successful candidate will be overseeing the electrical maintenance of 50MW of PV assets, which were recently constructed and are currently operated within the two years warranty period given by the EPC.
The scope of work consists of the execution of routine maintenance activities on all electrical (modules, inverters, AC boxes) and mechanical components (module mounting system, fence and gate), as well as of the communication and monitoring equipment and surveillance system. The site technician will be also called to perform reactive and corrective maintenance activities as well as, from time to time to manage subcontractors and control quality of activities performed.
The successful site technician candidate shall have experience in the electrical installation and maintenance of industrial sites and specific knowledge of DC electrical systems. Ideally the candidate shall have a previous experience or technical knowledge of photovoltaic systems and High voltage systems. Good dexterity and confidence on using basic electrical equipment such as multi-meters and insulation testers is required. The site technician shall give availability on working from time to time during weekends and bank holidays.
The site technician will be called to cover the following tasks:
- Visual inspection activities and report to management team;
- Routine maintenance activities on modules, inverters, cables and connectors, DC and AC distribution boxes;
- Routine maintenance activities on module mounting systems, fence and gates, inverter and transformer stations (excluding equipment);
- Routine maintenance activities on monitoring and communication equipment (data logger, routers, sensors, etc.);
- Routine maintenance activities on security system devices (cameras, barriers, etc.);
- Fault identification on electrical components by means of visual inspections or professional site measurement activities (thermal imaging, insulation tester, etc.);
- Execute corrective measures to keep the system available;
- Engage and manage subcontractors;
- Provide local support to the management for networking activities (local contractors, local distributors, etc.);
The successful candidate shall ideally have the following skills and experience:
- A number of years’ working experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical systems for industrial sites;
- Experience in the photovoltaic business is a plus;
- Good knowledge of MS office tools;
- Fluent Dutch and English speaker;
- Valid car driving license
apply for this now
+44 1689 669 380