Asset Manager – Onshore Wind
Taylor Hopkinson is currently seeking an Asset Manager to join one of Europe's leading onshore wind operators. As a member of the Asset Management Team and reporting to the Regional Asset Manager for the region, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe optimal technical and commercial performance of the wind farm asset, through the delivery of all planned and corrective maintenance within appropriate time, quality and cost parameters within your region. As the Asset Manager of the wind farm, you will have responsibility to ensure an operating strategy to maximise the total life cycle performance of the asset is implemented and is represented in your operating budget that you will generate, which focuses on the profitability on the wind farm. The location of this role is flexible.
- Responsible for the Safety of all persons on site, ensuring all works are performed to the appropriate Regulations or Legislation.
- Responsible for the effective Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards across the portfolio of wind farms under your management.
- Regular audit and inspections of contractors on site, ensuring compliance against the necessary regulations and legislations.
- Emergency planning across the wind farms under your management, with regular exercises to prove the effectiveness of this planning.
- Ensure the performance of all contractors are maintained to a high standard, works are completed in line with the scheduled plan and to a high quality. You will deliver a professional approach during all stakeholder engagement requirements.
- Responsible for operating the plant to high levels of safety and quality. Ensuring that all wind farms operate to Best Practise, through focus on technical availability of the wind turbines to maximise generation output.
- Carrying out regular checks and inspections on all contractors to ensure that their activities are being completed safely and to a high standard as required by internal requirements, any statutory needs and / or best practice benchmarks.
- You will achieve authorisation under the company's HV Safety Rules as a Senior Authorised Person and have responsibility of undertaking and controlling switching activities on site.
- Responsible for delivery of works on site to a defined budget. All works will be delivered safely to a high quality whilst maximising profit.
- Generating accurate budget on an annual basis for all Operating and Capital expenditure across the site.
- Production of an Operational monthly report, detailing Asset Management activities and performance on each site.
- Working closely with the Operational Analysts to ensure that any turbine performance issues are identified, discussed with and ultimately addressed by the turbine services providers.
- Generation of written business cases to support initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience in Asset Management, particularly for onshore wind farms
- Knowledge of/familiarity with operations of onshore wind farms a huge plus.
- Highly organised and dedicated individual who prioritises safety while ensuring strong performance.