Cable Project Engineer
A Junior Project Engineer is required to support product projects in HV Cables roadmap for an Offshore Wind Farm contractor
- Junior Project Engineer to support Product Projects in HV cables Roadmap
- Supply of a Project Engineer to assist the HV cables Product Manager with the introduction, standardisation and optimisation of HV cable products (Inter array cables and/or export cables).
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of health and safety performance across all activities to deliver inherently safer products and working environments.
- Lead work packages through technical readiness levels in product development up to realisation of the innovation in a delivery project.
- Continuous process and product improvement by gathering requirements from relevant stakeholders and recording lessons learned
- Develop, implement and document product-related processes and communicate best practice
- Support the setup and implementation of a work breakdown structure for the respective work scope (top-down-bottom-up)
- Set-up roadmap-/product development schedule on the respective level - top-down and bottom-up - in line with roadmap milestone plan, the deliverables to be created and the execution project milestones
- Evaluation of new and innovative product ideas and technologies and integration into the product portfolio
- Development of business cases for product applications by taking the complete product life cycle into account
- Use the existing standard reporting (SteerCo etc.) and provide high quality reporting to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that all relevant input for the standard reporting is received by doing highly efficient stakeholder management (with Product development Manager, Commercial and Technical Project Manager), ensure input is being challenged
- Support the continuous improvement of the standard reporting
- Preparation and follow up of status meetings with line management on the respective level - Preparation of roadmap milestones (RM 0-5, where applicable)
- Preparation and follow up of Project Steering Group (PSG) meetings
- Ensure that the product development project documents are being made as required and kept up to date during project execution
- Support implementation of PM-related aspects and processes of the roadmap guidelines
- Support facilitating events such as meetings with suppliers etc.
- Action and decision tracking
- Take care of the interfaces to the support-processes (e.g. file management, document management)
- Engineering university degree (M.Eng. or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Proven Experience in Project Management and leading work packages
- Very strong background in requirements analysis and interface management
- Clear and open communicator with a positive attitude
- Very good English verbal and in writing, very good German skills preferred