Job ID 12319
Engineering Manager required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in the United States.
- Requirement for an Engineering Manager with experience in floating platform design and delivery, to coordinate engineering for a floating wind farm in the US.
- Define and implement governance to coordinate the design and technical specification of a multi-discipline, single turbine, full-scale floating wind demonstrator project.
- Responsibility for interface management and the definition, optimization and integration of the project design with due regard to the project commercial drivers, schedule and budget; Focal point for key technical decisions.
- Be the project lead in the management of technical interfaces and design change. Championing and coordinating management of these across the project by the maintenance of tools such as design decision logs, change approval processes, and interface specifications and registers.
- Ensure design integrity, compliance, and technical risk management in line with applicable regulations.
- Interface with the package management, construction, commissioning, and operations teams as required to ensure the project is designed with all stages of the lifecycle in consideration.
- Review and contribute to development of project schedule, engineering resource and budget and technical risk evaluation.
- Support collation of relevant cost inputs for technical elements of the project (e.g., CAPEX and OPEX).
- Contribute to review bid and execution contract strategy, and the development of appropriate technical specifications.
- Define and implement lean processes to manage and optimize safety, technical risk, value, constructability, and operability through design.
- Deliver the project design basis at appropriate stages through the project, including accountability for maintenance of data about project site conditions and GIS information, to minimize interface risks.
- Attend key meetings with the foundation, WTG, cable, and O&M teams.
- Excellent civil/ mechanical / electrical /marine engineering or other technical university degree.
- Project Management qualification desired.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in engineering & construction of large offshore infrastructure projects.
- Experience in design for offshore structures or facilities is essential.
- Experience in design and/or construction of floating platforms or moorings is highly desirable.
- Offshore wind experience is desired.
- Awareness of concrete design and fabrication is desired.
- Strong track record in successful engineering management of design and construction.
- Results-oriented and problem-solving mindset, ability to analyze and summarize complex multi-disciplinary topics and aggregate decision-relevant information, and to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to build and develop high performance teams and to motivate, acting comfortably in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across country boundaries with a sense of diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people on different levels of hierarchy, different backgrounds and cultures, must be a team player.
- Excellent understanding of technical analysis and specifically of competitive drivers
- Interdisciplinary project management experience required, aware of methods to manage design safety, risk, value, interfaces and change across a multi-disciplinary design.
- Understanding of US specific engineering challenges incl. local laws and regulations impacting technical design parameters and designer responsibilities.
- High degree of floating structure expertise (technical, development, project management and commercial), with awareness of wind power engineering design desired.