Hai Long Offshore Wind, a joint venture between Northland Power, Yushan Energy and Mitsui, has retained Taylor Hopkinson on an exclusive basis to search for and select several critical team members to be based in Taipei, including an Offshore Substation Contract Manager. The Offshore Substation Contract Manager will have commercial responsibility for contracts to the OSS package.
Joining the project in this formative stage of the team, and the entire industry in Taiwan, offers the right individual the opportunity to shape the future of Taiwanese offshore wind. Using initiative, experience and team work to establish and drive the project will be essential as you operate in an autonomous and self-sufficient business unit tasked with the delivery of a + $4 billion asset.
Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence will be needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Success will require an ability to solve complex technical and commercial problems with a high level of commercial acumen in this exciting emerging market that has ambitions to be the hub for offshore wind the APAC region.
- Confer with EPCI team to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct engineering activities, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and project demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of Hai Long.
- Support the engineering activities related to the design, fabrication, installation, testing, operations and maintenance of all equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of contracts in relation to engineering activities.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work required for the Project.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to the relevant team members.
- Consult or negotiate with EPCI team to prepare project specifications.
- Set technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
- Administer highway planning, construction, and maintenance.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities in relation to Project Certification and stamping based on local regulations.