Expert, Operational Excellence & Continuous Improvement
Opportunity for an experienced business transformation and operational excellence professional to join a top 10 global renewable energy company in a business critical, multi-faceted role.
The Operational Excellence Expert will support the business transformation activities, partnering with various teams and leaders internally to facilitate an exceptional performance improvement culture across the group.
The position reports to the Vice President and is based in Chicago, Il.
- Support the translation of strategic group objectives into clear, concrete objectives across each assigned department
- Develop buy-in from line managers at every step of the process, building strong relationship, identifying and actively removing barriers to change across the team and wider orgnanization
- Lead improvement projects in area of responsibility and provide expert problem solving support to all
- Build a robust performance management system everywhere from the office, to sites (e.g. wind farms) to board level
- Contribute to communications and community building events, actively networking with peers from the international community to promote best practice sharing within and across each team
- Manage all risks, opportunities, and challenges which arise against successful delivery of plans
- Run business process improvement initiatives and mapping efforts (in person/virtually)
- Train, coach, and partner with business stakeholders from across the group to ensure everywhere is in on-board with practices
- University/College degree in a relevant discipline
- 7+ years of relevant experience in implementing and promoting continuous improvement/operational excellence (OE) practices
- Ability to inspire, lead, and manage stakeholders effectively at all levels
- Ability to develop both themselves and others to recognise new and improved ways of working
- Self-motivated to drive the business forward, increasing personal and others performance levels and delivering results
- People orientated; high-energy, data-driven approach to solving complex problems and leading change management initiatives
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel c. 30% of the time
- Experience in renewables is a plus but not required
- Fluent English required; additional languages a plus
- Right to live and work in the USA without sponsorship