Head of HSQE
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar,Storage
Head of HSQE required to join a leading renewables developer and asset owner with specialist teams across multiple technologies. They develop, construct and operate over 10GW of renewable energy assets globally and are committed to delivering projects to the highest safety standards.
This is a key strategic hire to oversee their construction and operations activities across the UK and lead the business to be best in class.
- Responsible to the Managing Director helping to drive the business HSQE culture and continuous improvements across all UK activities.
- Manage a small team in all aspects of day-to-day HSQE management covering onshore wind, solar PV, civils, HV electrical and other general business activities.
- Support policy and procedure development and roll out, incident management, risk management and HSQE training and audit activities.
- Manage HSQE-specific documentation as required to maintain accreditation to ISO standards.
- Monitor company HSQE performance, through site and system performance-based audits, including internal and external (supplier/contractor) audits.
- Act as UK Management Lead on communication with internal and external partners on all HSE matters as appropriate, including Directors, HSE, clients, and external agencies.
- Utilise HSE data to support in the development of appropriate programmes and to support continuous improvement and meet corporate sustainability reporting.
- Develop programs to promote best practice and reward positive behaviours and attitudes.
- Lead HSE Committee, attend operational and project meetings and deliver SHE messages on behalf of the company directors.
- Support offshore project HSE management as required.
- Degree or Diploma in relevant subject.
- Demonstrable HSE management experience with consultancy or developer.
- Chartered with IOSH is desirable though not essential.
- Understanding and experience of process safety and appreciation of solar PV and/ or wind generation, including operational management requirements.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of HSE management required to operate an accredited ISO management system.
- Excellent knowledge of HSE Legislation and an ability to work with colleagues and contractors to ensure the highest standards of HSEQ.
- Ability to work under pressure, with excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team or independently.
- Full Driving licence with the ability to undertake regular UK travel.