Head of Logistics USA – Solar PV
Opportunity for a Head of Logistics to join a global leading solar High-tech company in California, Bay Area.
As a member of the leadership team, reporting to the U.S General Manager, you will provide leadership and have overall operational responsibility for the Logistics operations, as well as interface with our team in HQ China.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Manage, coach and develop a team of 4 to 5 direct reports
* Pioneer a Logistics strategy to achieve short, medium and long-term company goals
* Lead and manage the logistics team on transportation functions, receiving, material movement,
* Lead the management of Logistics planning, scheduling, inventory analysis and management,
Customer Service (customer interface, demand management, capacity analysis and volume,
* Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of operations.
* Ensure optimal and accurate maintenance of all master data and parameters to ensure accurate
and robust supply plans are available.
* Create annual expense budgets, successfully executing against the budget
* Represent the Logistics function during regulatory and customer audits.
* Create a state of audit readiness and participate in and/or leading self-audits.
* Drive continuous improvement in all facets of the operations (safety, quality, cost, service)
* Bachelor's degree (ideally in an analytical subject)
* 8+ years Logistics, Distribution & Planning experience, preferably in the solar and renewable
* Proven experience with managing 3rd party Transportation
* Strong leader with good examples of improving Distribution performance
* Extensive cost saving accomplishments
* Minimum of 5 years at the managerial level successfully directing and developing direct reports
* Experience participating in audits and interacting with regulatory agencies desired
* The successful candidate will be a well-organized, creative, independent, self-motivated
individual with exceptional presentation, written and oral communication skills