Job ID 10367
HSE Advisors required to work on a major Offshore Wind Farm in Europe
- To be an active and enthusiastic member of the site management team functionally reporting to the EHS Manager in Project
- Providing professional EHS advice, and support in implementing the required EHS documentation for projects.
- The EHS Advisor on site ensures that client complies with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, client standards and site requirements on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for monitoring and assessing safety performance on site and implementing improvement plans as well as support the driving of ongoing Zero Harm Safety Culture within the project
- Act as an advisor to the Site Management Team on all EHS matters whilst carrying out all EHS Advisor duties
- Health safety and environmental support and advice for wind farm construction projects in Offshore and ensuring the EHS Standards including the clients Basic Safety Rules and Offshore EHS Project Manual are implemented and complied with on all sites in a consistent manner.
- Be familiar with the client specific EHS Requirements of the Turbine Supply Agreement.
- Support the EHS Manager in Project with early reviews of EHS Documentation such as component transport and logistics arrangements, subcontractor documentation.
- Support in the implementation of the project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan and make sure that all persons working on scope of the project are informed and understand the sections of the EHS plan relevant to their work.
- Participate in the ongoing development and improvement of Safety Performance, the development / appraisal and modification of Safe Systems of Work, and participate in sub-contractor evaluations, monitoring and assessing.
- Collect and report observations of near misses, accidents, incidents, and deviations from agreed standards and efficiently report through the agreed communication channels
- Assist all employees in filling out accident and near miss reports, and to make sure they are kept on record.
- Ensure all EHS incidents and occurrences are reported, investigated, corrective actions allocated, and incident workflow managed through to closure, as per Clients procedures and local legal requirements.
- Work closley with project QM and keep informed of the QA systems and procedures related to the EHS Advisor position and product safety generally.
- Work in accordance with the requirements defined in the QA system in an effort to work towards Zero Harm and Zero Defects.
- Promptly complete mandatory weekly and monthly inspection requirements as outlined within the Offshore EHS Project Manual and project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan, as well as any additional ad-hoc inspections required by project or customer.
- Monitor the implementation and adherence to the project Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan and IMS related procedures, by performing regular site inspections and site visits of the construction project works and areas; and contribute to internal and external audits and assessments, and EHS/site evaluations
- Relevant EHS experience essential (Minimum 2 years - preferably within Offshore Renewables
- Demonstrable systematic approach to tasks/duties; with an ability to utilise organisational skills to create order in a fast-changing working environment
- Good people and team working skills with the ability to mentor and influencing all stakeholders within a project organization.
- Entry level Professional (recognized) EHS qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate in UK)
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in English is mandatory.
Danish or German national required