HVDC Cable Engineer
Transmission & Distribution
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Cable Project Manager to join a company in Sydney.
- Support development of an international submarine HVDC cable system from inception to operations
- Draft project implementation budgets and schedules for submarine HVDC cable system planning
- Generate RFQ packages, conduct RFQ processes, evaluate and adjudicate supplier proposals
- Provide project management input to the programme management team on a regular basis
- Perform quality assurance on project management operations
- Represent Sun Cable at project meetings with partners, lenders, suppliers, including defined project meetings such as Contract Coordination Meetings, Manufacturer and Installer Group meetings and Executive Committee Meetings
- Develop resource, budget and scheduling plans for project implementation
- Train and mentor other members of the Sun Cable project management team in the planning, installation, and operation of submarine cable systems
- Based in Sydney.
- Must be available to travel internationally on a frequent basis for durations of one to four weeks.
- Bachelor of Electrical or Marine Engineering or greater
- Three years experience in submarine cable network project management
- Five years experience in related marine operations, cable manufacture or electrical engineering.
- Project Risk Assessment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language
Other Desirable Qualifications
- Merchant marine qualifications
- Fibre optic submarine cable knowledge
- Experience in Indonesia and/or other South East Asian nations
- APM or PMI qualification
- MS Project knowledge
- Contract and commercial experience with large scale projects.
- Quality Systems experience, including familiarity with ISO-9000 practices and procedures