Land Acquisition Manager, Solar & Storage
Opportunity for an experienced land acquisition professional to join a European IPP with an expanding presence in the Dutch solar and energy storage markets.
The Land Acquisition Manager will be responsible for creating and developing a network of strong local relations, negotiating and closing large land contracts for utility-scale solar and energy storage projects.
This is a largely remote, home-based role, generally with weekly travel to HQ in Amsterdam.
- Targeting land opportunities for the development of utility-scale solar and energy storage projects throughout the Netherlands
- Analyse the characteristics of potential lands to assess relevance for ground-mounted renewable energy projects
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with various personnel and groups, including landowners, communities, elected officials,and local residents
- Present to relevant stakeholders
- Approach landowners, explaining project benefits and negotiating and closing contracts for large land plots
- Support less experienced team members by sharing knowledge and experience
- Ensuring strong communication and consultation in the context of meetings with local actors
- Degree-level education in a relevant discipline preferred
- Strong understanding of property development, particularly leases
- Understanding of the renewable energy industry is a plus; transferable experience will be considered
- Excellent grasp of environmental considerations required for developing utility-scale solar and storage
- High-level communication skills, including business fluent English and Dutch languages
- Exceptional organisation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work confidently in an autonomous manner