Lead Contract Manager
Our Client is developing Offshore Wind Projects in South Korea and looking for a Lead Contracts Manager to join their Team to assist in Project Development, Procurement and Construction activities for these Projects.
- Lead the Commercial aspect of EPC Procurement and Contract Management
- Consider procurement procedures and intelligence/solutions from Category Groups in the project.
- Ensure compliance with Procurement Management Plan.
- Ensure that the procurement strategy/plan and activities are aligned with the project execution plan.
- Facilitate cooperation/coordination between Contracts and with Package Managers.
- Manage procurement related stakeholders incl. procedure for communication to vendors.
- Prepare/implement Procurement Management Plan (incl. framework agreements) with input from relevant parties (e.g., Package Managers).
- Identify Procurement resource needs and recommend these to EPC Director.
- Obtain insight into project execution plan/business case and align with procurement strategy/plan.
- Prepare/implement procurement strategy and plan with input from relevant parties, if necessary (e.g., EPC Management & Package Managers).
- Approve division of the Project into Contract Packages.
- Agree budget for contract packages to suppliers with the EPC Director.
- Prepare tendering procedure, tender conditions/documents and other tools and templates in cooperation with Legal Team.
- Ensure compliance with local tendering rules and procedures.
- Establish and maintain contract overview incl. claims/VOs and consolidated commitment register.
- Give input to Weekly & Monthly EPC Progress Reports
- Ensure procurement and contract management excellence in the project.
- Manage Project Stakeholders regarding tendering, contracts and claims handling (e.g., legal, insurance, code of conduct).
- Lead management of commercial contractual interfaces in cooperation with Package Managers & Legal Team
- Step into complex negotiations with suppliers regarding tenders/VOs/Claims to resolve key issues.
- Take on responsibilities and tasks listed under contract manager where relevant.
- Lead Contract Administration matters relevant to each Package.
- Relevant technical or commercial education at Master or Bachelor level. Experienced in negotiations and project management.
- Significant experience with procurement/contract management (within process or construction projects)
- Recommended experience with procurement categories related to development and construction of offshore wind farms.
- Recommended experience with managing procurement professionals.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills