Manager, Grid Connection
Opportunity for an exceptional Manager, Grid Connection to join one of the world's leading PV solar developers, as their team continues to grow in Italy.
This individual will ensure grid connections required to manage large-scale projects are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner, while appropriately managing and maintaining asset connections throughout the plant's lifetime.
The Grid Connection Manager will be highly competent in both Italian and English languages, will have an excellent understanding of the grid connection process, along with strong relationships with Italian TSO/DNOs.
- Perform technical due diligence and risk assessment on grid connection schemes/offers received from TSO/DNO
- Oversee technical consultants and advisors in support of the delivery and grid related activities in Italy, in addition to other European countries (e.g. Spain, Greece, Portugal)
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of grid connections for large-scale solar projects
- Provide business development teams with cost estimates and grid connection delivery timescales
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with TSO/DNO delivery and design teams, ensuring smooth project progress throughout the asset life-cycle
- Strong technical knowledge of MV and HV connections in Italy
- Knowledge of Italian and European transmission grid operations
- Fully conversant with TSO/DNO throughout end-to-end process of solar connection
- Previous experience of HV/MV substation design and construction
- Ability to work effectively with a range of team members, including development, PPA, EPC, delivery and grid
- Strong communicator in English and Italian languages
- Spanish language skills advantageous
- Knowledge in contract negotiation beneficial