Mechanical Engineer- Optimisation
Mechanical Engineer (Optimisation) will be working directly for one of the world's largest operators of onshore wind. As the Mechanical Engineer you will act as an expert with respect to performance optimisation of wind turbines and support the delivery of safe, efficient and reliable performance solutions across the portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position ideally based in Edinburgh or Lisbon.
- Ensure all local, national and international regulations and standards are adhered to.
- Evaluate and revalidate as necessary turbine type certification and/or site-specific life estimations, ensuring that asset life targets and performance improvement outcomes are balanced.
- Evaluate all avenues for performance improvement by building and maintaining excellent working relationships across the industry
- Conduct Engineering due diligence, utilising internal and external providers to ensure that performance improvement solutions are technically suitable.
- Develop validation plans to ensure Performance Improvements are validated.
- Project Manage trial phase implementation of Performance Improvement ideas, to schedule and budget.
- Develop and maintain Performance Improvement project business cases, working with the wider business to feed in key financial metrics and reporting regarding Performance Improvement projects as they progress through development.
- Identify and assess relevant contractors and work with the Commercial and Procurement Manager to negotiate scope of services and commercial terms.
- Act as technical support for the wider business with regards to supporting the resolution of Performance Vulnerabilities.
- Play a key role in ensuring asset configuration control by conducting/assessing Engineering Change Requests and presenting to Senior Management for approval.
- Lead fault / failure investigations working to develop Root Cause Analysis reports with manufacturers / independent service providers by following approved RCA methodology, ensuring findings and recommendations are implemented across the portfolio.
- You will be general expert on all mechanical systems within wind turbines and overarching wind turbine control, with a track record of innovating and developing solutions to real-world problems.
- Strong knowledge of wind turbine design, manufacture, inspection, maintenance and repair.
- Experience in developing and implementing performance improvement projects on wind turbines.
- A degree or equivalent along with substantial experience working within the Wind Industry in an Engineering role.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience of the use of Microsoft Office Suite.