Offshore Commissioning Supervisor
Opportunity for an Offshore Commissioning Supervisor with a leading offshore wind farm developer based in Germany. This is a 7-month contract starting in November 2021.
As the successful Offshore Commissioning Supervisor, you will be part of the German offshore wind construction team during the inter-array cable installation, termination and testing scope.
This project will have a 14/14 rotation.
- Preparation prior to offshore campaign including, but not limited to, familiarisation with Employer's specifications, review of contractor's documents, participation in kick-off meetings, participation in HAZID/HAZOP meetings, etc.
- Take ownership in supervising contractor's inter-array cable testing activities, to ensure contractors are working according to HSE, contractual and quality requirements
- Participate in mechanical completion tests and site acceptance tests and provide safety from the system during the testing activities
- Review and sign off for contractor's daily progress reports, commissioning records, as-built documents and snag reports
- Provide updates of scope progress
- Participate on regular quality/construction coordination meetings
- Ensure all permits to work are in place prior to commencement of any works
- Report and follow up on open points, snags and non-conformities
- Ensure proper documentation handling and management
- Document and record all related activities and works
- Comply with safety requirements and immediate reporting of any observations, near Misses, incidents & accidents
- Intervene when encountering unsafe practices, and drive optimisation of HSE culture and practices
- Capture, compile and register lessons learnt
- Full compliance with requirements and precautions due to COVID-19 including, but not limited to, preventative quarantine, testing, etc.
- Electrically skilled person in accordance with DIN EN 50110-1
- More than 2 years' experience as electrician working on offshore wind industry
- Experience with specific (offshore) wind industry safety practices, e.g. working in confined spaces or on vessels
- Basic computer operation skills
- Sound experience with mechanical and, above all, electronic testing equipment (i.e. voltage testers, amp clamps, and various hand and power tools)
- Spoken and written proficiency in English, German preferred
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- High level of fitness, being able to work in demanding physical and adverse weather and sea conditions
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Manual Handling
- GWO Sea Survival
- GWO Fire Awareness
- GWO Working at Heights
- Electrical Awareness
- Valid Offshore Medical certificates
- Confined Space
- Valid passport