Opportunity for an Offshore Engineer to support the drive to secure and deliver significant projects, both in the UK and Worldwide. Primary responsibilities will include providing technical input to site selection, production of project specifications, managing consultants and contractors and providing input to contract documents for projects in all jurisdictions.
The role is based in Edinburgh. Regular travel required within UK and Europe, occasional travel worldwide.
- Providing engineering support to offshore wind site selection and participation in technical meetings.
- Conceptual design of offshore wind parks and transmission assets.
- Procurement of front-end civil engineering (e.g. geotechnical investigations, metocean studies, foundation designs, cable routing).
- Translating engineering issues in CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility and grid companies as required.
- Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on projects.
- Input into technical elements of Employer's Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
- Producing technical reports for senior management.
- Detailed due diligence review of projects in accordance with company Global Development Standard.
- Inspect new project sites and to attend seminars and meetings as required.
- Ensuring engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors.
- Demonstrable experience in offshore renewable energy projects.
- Experience in offshore wind site selection and offshore installation.
- Knowledge of offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures.
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Knowledge of the Offshore windfarm development and foundation design process.
- Understanding of wind turbine technology and the issues involved with grid connections.
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore.
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation.
- IT literate.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Genuine team player, with a positive outlook - determined and flexible.
- Primary degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering.
- Highly motivated, dynamic, self-starter with proven track record of delivery.
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, international travel may be required as part of the role.