Offshore Wind Modelling Analyst
We are working with a large, global offshore wind developer to recruit an experienced analyst to support their investments across the USA. With the continued rise of offshore wind in the United States, this role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to progress within a thriving sector with huge growth potential. You will join initially at analyst level reporting into the Head of Commercial but will gain excellent exposure to project financing and M&A offering scope to progress within the business.
- Design, build and maintain highly complex financial models for renewable energy projects
- Accurate management of information flows used to maintain financial models
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various global markets
- Support the acquisition, investment, tender, bidding and financial close activities of multi-million dollar projects globally
- Contribute towards commercial negotiations and assumptions included within such models, highlighting potential inefficiencies / risk areas on acquisitions, investments, disposals & associated funding activities
- Support coordination of Due Diligence Processes.
- Carrying out ad-hoc deal specific research.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required
- Clear financial analysis and communication of results
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
- Relevant Financial qualification with at least 3 years' experience of financial modelling
- Renewable Energy or wider energy/infrastructure industry experience is desirable
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Commercial awareness and ability to highlight potential inefficiencies / areas of concern within models that require further analysis or support.
- Understanding of Financial Statements