Offshore O&M Technician
Job ID 11970
Offshore O&M Technician required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in Sassnitz, Germany.
- The Offshore O&M Technician will work on the development of a wind farm based in Germany.
- Client are building an agile team for a new build local operation centre, who will collaborate closely to ensure the lifetime management of company assets.
- The team will be responsible to implement a long-term asset management strategy and translate this into yearly maintenance plans to ensure the assets (wind turbine generators, submarine high voltage cables, foundations, and offshore high voltage station) can reach their full lifetime potential.
- Monitor the performance of the wind farm assets and contractors based on defined KPI's.
- Ensure qualitative analysis, reporting and recommendations to manage the assets and deliver reporting on corporate level.
- Managing framework agreements with contractors and service providers to develop long-term relationships.
- Coordination and supervision of planned maintenances of the assets while minimizing the impact on production - the maintenance will be mostly executed by subcontractors.
- Coordination of unplanned maintenances requirements - including the investigation, analysis, and resolution of ad hoc issues.
- Develop and implement corrective and adaptive improvement actions to ensure the durability and full lifetime of the assets.
- Implement the O&M strategy defined by our knowledge centre and tailor the strategy to local circumstances by analyzing information collected during offshore inspection campaigns.
- Support R&D initiatives and projects.
- Conduct and analyze risk assessments and initiate preventive as well as corrective actions.
- Logistic coordination of the offshore maintenance works (crew, materials, vessel) and local marine coordination duty.
- After necessary training, you will work on the offshore energy installation and will be responsible for electrical safety precautions and switching rights. You will take on several safety roles.
- Report to the local O&M Site Manager.
- Flexibility will be a part of your function. You will regularly go offshore to supervise the maintenance works (and occasionally travel) and you will partake in a stand-by rotation in case of emergency shared by the entire team.
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in electrical (high voltage), mechanical or electromechanical engineering (or equivalent by experience).
- You are enthused by the idea of working offshore.
- Proficient in German and English (written and spoken).
- Any training or experience in operational or maintenance management is beneficial.
- Can work with common software & IT applications.
- Willing to occasionally travel to offices based around the EU or go to other sites for set ups and meetings.