We are working with one of the leading names in global offshore wind who are looking to hire an Origination Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing and rapid development of the US offshore wind market.
The Origination Manager will source, negotiate, and execute PPAs. This will involve analysis of the market and regulatory landscape and take the lead on negotiating and closing the most favourable contracts. You will be a part of the senior leadership team and regularly interact with the group CEO and other executives in the US and Europe. This role will be based in our client's Boston area office(s) with regular US and occasional international travel.
- Lead, and continually improve, the process to respond to PPA solicitations.
- Analyze PPAs and potential hedging opportunities.
- Create and deliver proposals and presentations to customers.
- Lead participation in the capacity market and determine pricing assumptions.
- Analyze and advise on transmission and market design effects on near and mid-term projects.
- Develop relationships that provide organic growth opportunities via tech partners, local partners and developers, and investors.
- B.S or higher; MBA or other graduate degree preferred.
- Several years in the energy industry including analysis of market and regulatory landscape.
- Deep knowledge of how the power markets operate, familiarity with characteristics of intermittent wind generation, and PPAs.
- Experience with energy marketing and energy PPA negotiation is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders and decision makers.
- Very strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly focused on safety and quality.