Procurement Manager – Offshore Installation Vessels
Taylor Hopkinson has a fantastic contract opportunity for a Procurement Manager with leading Offshore Wind Farm Developer to execute all Operational activities for onshore and offshore wind farms. The locations include UK & Germany
- The role of the Procurement Manager is to manage the execution of all operational sourcing activities for onshore and Offshore Wind Farm projects.
- You will have a good technical understanding in order to translate requirements into procurement specifications
- The Procurement Manager will also have excellent analytical and communication skills combined with a structured and independent working style
- Responsible for executing all operational sourcing activities for onshore and offshore wind farms, functionally reporting to the head of WTG procurement
- Act as a constructive sparring partner to the respective business as well as clients market interface towards suppliers
- Capture stakeholder demands and requirements
- Manage the operational sourcing process (including demand/market analysis, RFI, RFPs, Negotiations, Contracting and Supplier Implementation) in close collaboration with key stakeholders and in line with policy and process requirements
- Drive TCO and LCOE optimization and contribute to product/service rationalization through cost reduction and risk mitigation
- Manage supply risk and take appropriate corrective actions
- Contribute to identifying and achieving the savings and value targets for the category through appropriate levers including costing techniques
- Guide and support stakeholders with any contract implementation, contract management or supplier-related issue
- Manage purchase orders, variations orders, invoice workflow and documentation in SAP
- Qualification: Relevant academic degree (University or equivalent) or similar education/apprenticeship
- Ideally minimum 5 years of experience in Construction Projects with contract values over €100 mn.
- Experienced in strategic procurement/contract management roles
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and contract management of high value and high risk construction contracts (experience with FIDIC or similar contract templates is preferred).
- Experience in applying efficient procurement processes, structures and analytical tools
- Experience in working within cross-site and international category teams
- Experience in dealing with various stakeholders and demand carriers
- Ideally experience in an intercultural working environment
- Knowledge in Procurement e-tools: SRM, eSourcing and eAuction