Project Construction Manager
Job ID 12657
Project Construction Manager required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in Spain.
- Within the Onshore Construction Europe department, reporting to the country Team Lead Construction the Project Manager Wind will deliver a wind project in Spain.
- Responsible for the proper execution of the project assigned to you in respect of the safety, budget, time, and quality.
- In charge of the projects from the moment when all administrative conditions for construction are waived (typically after the internal Final Investment Decision) to the Final Acceptance of the asset and its hand over to Operations.
- Plan the project and lead a multidisciplinary team (Engineering, Legal, Procurement, H&S, etc.)
- Manage the several stakeholders of the project and you are the central point of contact during construction.
- Proactively drive and contribute to the continuous improvement of the organization (e.g., reduce lifetime costs, increase internal efficiency, Exchange of Best Practices).
- Support procurement activities in relation to the construction contract(s).
- Support Development and Engineering for the various studies for Balance of Plant (geotechnical studies, detailed layout, cabling, etc.) to deliver the detailed design of the project.
- Support Engineering in drafting the technical specifications and scope for the Balance of Plant based on the validated detailed design.
- Define the specifications and manage the tender phase in cooperation with the Procurement department for the following contracts:
- HSE Coordinator according to the country legal requirements.
- Environmental/archaeological monitoring according to the country legal requirements.
- Owner's Engineer service according to the company's specifications.
- Any other contract necessary to fulfil the country's legal obligation during construction.
- Actively participate to the contract negotiations of the selected subcontractor and suppliers.
- With the support of Procurement, you manage the subcontractor and supplier contracts: legal and contractual provisions, bonds, payments, claims, etc.
- With the support of the site management team (Owner's Engineer, HSE, etc.) and a QA Manager, you are accountable for:
- Health and Safety on the site.
- Coordination of works and all interfaces between the subcontractors on site, incl. interfaces with the local authorities and landowners.
- Schedule of execution and make sure the project milestones are respected or improved.
- Respect of the quality control plan, to manage Documentation and non-conformities remediation.
- Organization of the test and checks prior to final acceptance of the asset.
- Monthly reporting.
- Graduated in engineering, you have 7 to 10 years of experience in project management in construction, ideally in the wind sector.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English is required.
- Strong Project Management skills required, ideally confirmed by a PMP certification or similar.
- Knowledge of Spanish H&S regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of Spanish construction and building regulations and standards.
- MS Office tools regular user, including MS Project.
- Rigorous with excellent organizational skills, you know how to manage risks and priorities.
- Very good communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate natural leadership.
- Available to travel to the site in Portugal regularly (up to 50% of the time) to manage the construction of the project.