Job ID 7413
Transmission & Distribution
We are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor (T&D) to be based in Glasgow for a long-term freelance contract.
- Review monthly contractor measures by liaising with different team members and agree a financial figure for works completed
- Arrange commercial meetings with contractors to agree costs and mitigate the impact of changes to the contract amount
- Record and maintain all contractual and commercial information associated with the project(s) within project files and commercial databases or other systems applicable
- Monitor and implement all contractual obligations with respect to notifications, payments and responses
- Assess variations and claims including interfacing with different departments (legal, Engineering, Environmental, project Management)
- Make commercial recommendations (including risks) to the business to assist with the decision-making process with respect to variations and claims
- Prepare & recommend to the Project Manager a value for the contractor final account
- Compliance with Integrated management system, required for the professional and efficient delivery of the investment programme, including externally accredited systems for Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management
- Assess how the QS functions operationally and proactively submit proposals for improvement
- Act as mentor for graduate QSs and guide them in the requirements of the role
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Significant QS Experience, including within the engineering & construction sector.
- Experience working on FIDIC & NEC
- User of CESMM3 and any other standard method of measurement.
- Awareness of construction legislation
- Microsoft Office user
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160