Sales Manager – US West Coast
Opportunity for an experienced solar or energy storage sales manager to join an innovative long duration energy storage firm with expanding international operations.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for all business development and sales activities on the US west coast, reporting to the company's global COO.
Working remotely, this individual will be 1 of the first 2 team members on the ground in the US, and will play a pivotal role in facilitating the company to realise its ambitions.
- Finding and developing new market opportunities to generate sales of the battery storage system
- Developing and implementing key account strategy plans, including across the EPC, developer, IPP, and utilities space
- Maintaining a strong network and relationships with key stakeholders across the market
- Playing a lead role in representing the company at all key industry events and conferences
- Travelling as required to meet with clients and further develop relationships
- Achieve the orders, margin, down payments, past duties, and other commercial KPIs defined on an annual basis
- Report accurately and consistently to the company's senior management team in Europe
- Proactively recognises business challenges and opportunities, including within the market as well as processes, systems etc. currently in place
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline preferred
- A strong track record of originating and closing major transactions within the solar and/or energy storage markets
- Deep level knowledge and understanding of the North American energy storage market
- Strong capabilities at building new business, entering new sectors, and exceeding sales targets consistently
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A leader; someone who wants to be at the very forefront of the US and global energy storage market
- Flexibility to adjust schedule when working with European HQ and management team
- Established network of contacts in the utility-scale renewable energy markets