Senior Contract Manager
A Senior Contract Manager is required to work on a major offshore Wind Farm in Scotland. The role will predominately be based in Edinburgh with some travel required to offices in Europe.
- Supporting and advising the project director and package managers by preparing risk overviews and commercial summaries, highlight legal threats or obligations and preparing contractual letters.
- Responsible for day-to-day running of the main contracts through to handover; ensure successful contract closure.
- Ensure interfaces between contracts and hardware are managed appropriately
- Claims prevention and contract management; observation of response times and processes, also by the engineers
- Intervene, analyse, manage and resolve business conflicts between NNG and contractors
- Development of contracting strategies/risk assessments
- Pre qualification of companies
- Formulation of tender packages for contracts
- Bid evaluation and contract negotiation including terms and conditions
- Review / Commenting on documentation related to contracts
- Ensure quality and HSE standards are included in contracts and met
- Problem solving at a strategic level, working with other team members to reach a resolution
- Report efficiently and effectively on contractual issues having the potential to materially threaten the overall program or price
- Interfacing directly and without support with key contractors to discuss commercially sensitive issues
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with contractor companies
- Proven negotiation experience, ability to keep calm in difficult situations
- Exposure to EPC and large CAPEX projects with a good track record, ideally including offshore wind projects and/or FIDIC contracts
- Strong commercial and cost/value awareness
- Good reporting skills with extensive knowledge of cost/change