Senior Electrical Engineer
Job ID 18282
Senior Electrical Engineer, Offshore
Global leader in offshore wind growing its US-based engineering team to develop new offshore wind opportunities and deliver on its existing portfolio. Seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to support in progressing their North American offshore wind development projects towards construction. The Engineer will sit in the Electrical Systems & Project Engineering team, supporting the Project's Engineering and Package Managers. Support will be provided by technical experts in the Electrical Components team and Electrical Engineering colleagues working on similar projects worldwide.
- Ensure that the highest level of health, safety, and environmental are incorporated into designs and standards
- Responsible for design of balance of plant packages including transmission, substation, collection, protection, control, and metering systems.
- Responsible for specification and evaluation of electrical equipment.
- Responsible for grid code compliance and interconnection requirements.
- Provide engineering technical support for power system modeling and studies
- Develop and maintain the electrical engineering standards
- Support development of engineering processes and procedures
- Reduce the levelized cost of energy through innovation
- Support the regulatory and compliance processes and requirements
- Engage with vendors and suppliers to identify project needs and programs to deliver new technologies and supply chains to enable offshore wind in the US.
- Manage engineering subcontractors' delivery of engineering studies, reports, analysis, and engineering in early stage projects into project delivery.
- Provide general and specialist engineering knowledge as needed
- Engineering degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or relevant background Master degree preferred
- Significant industry experience in relevant field
- Licensed Professional Engineer, or relevant experiences managing design and owners engineering teams
- Experience in Offshore Wind, Onshore Wind, Onshore Solar, Offshore Oil and Gas, or other large engineering infrastructure projects
- Familiar with industry codes and standards applicable to offshore wind projects
- Good communicator and excellent team player
- Ability to work in hybrid work environment (office and remote).
- Good organizational skills and experience of project management.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively in an international business
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Fluent in spoken and written English