Senior Electrical Engineer
Job ID 8307
- Coordinate electrical engineering resource, design and decisions effectively and work with, manage and develop the electrical engineers across the team.
- Manage, coordinate or be involved in key supplier meetings for electrical equipment and meetings with suppliers for critical packages.
- Ensure that the existing high-level project plans are implemented and manage detailed plans to support the business project.
- Ensure that designs and equipment performance comply with local and international standards and codes.
- Carry out reviews of technologies and suppliers.
- Commission and manage external studies as appropriate.
- Manage directly or through the project team suitable external resource, e.g. consultants, specialists, owners engineers.
- Manage directly or through the project team creation of specifications and tender packages for electrical works including for example, offshore substations, cables and control and protection systems.
- Review and approve technical specifications.
- Provide electrical design support to other teams within the business projects, including wind turbines project valuation, program office.
- Provide input to outline design of the project during development and pre-construction.
- Develop effective relationships with system and component suppliers.
- Undertake and manage technical bid reviews and tender evaluations.
- Ensure all technical recommendations/advice is supported by due diligence.
- Coordination of inspection and commissioning of electrical aspects.
- Degree qualification or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in supporting development and construction phases of power generation or transmission projects.
- Experience in large scale renewable projects.
- Proven experience and track record in offshore wind farm projects.
- Good knowledge of industry codes and standards and offshore regulations.
- Good knowledge and experience of grid codes and grid connection issues.
- Knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction projects.
- Knowledge of wind farm / power system and SCADA systems.
- Experience of working in a team and delivering against targets.
- Pro-active and diligent approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Project management experienced.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.