Senior Engineer – Onshore Wind
Opportunity for a senior-level wind energy engineer to join a US-power and energy consultancy firm.
The Senior Wind Energy Engineer will specialize in providing regular energy projections and assessments using wind measurements and other production data.
This position can be based remotely or from one of the company's US offices.
- Prepare long-term wind energy production assessments
- Evaluate production variables such as wind speed, project layout, wind turbine models etc.
- Perform project evaluations including wind flow modeling and forecasting in addition to climatic, statistical, and uncertainty analyses
- Evaluate the feasibility of project sites considering layouts, shadow flicker, visual impacts, and noise
- Express conclusions and data in the form of legible deliverables and technical reports to be understood by varied audiences
- A degree-level education in engineering, physics, math, or related discipline
- 4+ years' professional experience in the wind energy sector, including 3+ years performing wind resource assessments
- A strong understanding of statistics and uncertainty analysis related to energy production
- Familiarity with wind energy standards, wind flow modeling, turbine manufacturers, equipment models etc.
- Relevant software experience
- Ability to interpret data and express conclusions in reporting