Senior Engineer – Solar
Senior Engineer – Solar
Job ID 7448
On behalf of our client, an international renewable energy consultancy, Taylor Hopkinson are recruiting for a Senior Engineer to focus on Solar PV projects throughout the EMEA region, based in Lyon.
Main Responsibilities and Requirements
- Many years experience in the solar PV industry, preferably in consultancy. Additional experience on solar PV Project development would be positively evaluated.
- Manage high profile Independent Engineering and Technical Advisory projects for project financing, sales and acquisitions primarily for solar projects and portfolios (including wind).
- Good understanding of solar technology with experience in the review of main PV related equipment (PV modules, inverters, trackers and other main equipment in the BOS of a solar PV Project).
- Good understanding on typical KPIs for solar PV and high level understanding of energy modelling for solar PV projects.
- Demonstrable experience handling utility scale solar PV Projects with experience on PV Project design, familiar with the review of typical contracts for solar PV projects including EPC, O&M, PPAs, Asset management Contracts and Credit Agreements.
- Experience defining and reviewing provisional acceptance and commissioning requirements for solar PV Projects.
- Experience on root cause analysis for solar PV Projects and familiar with review of SCADA and operational data for solar PV Projects.
- Candidates with previous experience participating on IEC committees for solar related topics or other standardization groups would be positively evaluated.
- Support and compile and complete IE and TA reports and summarize key results and conclusions. Ensure a quality of work that meets and exceeds client expectations. Integrate all review sections and subconsultants’ multi-disciplinary team and ensure thattechnical and commercial analysis is consistent throughout sections.
- Support the prepare proposals detailing scope of work, team, budget and schedule for completion.
- Work with internal resources, associate project managers, project managers, as well as sub-consultants. Ensure project deliverables stay on time, on target, and on budget.
- Work with Lenders and Developers as the main client interface. Attend client meetings with lenders and developers as needed.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team to identify project risks, barriers, and issues and propose possible solutions and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects.
- Review of project contracts and financial models.
- Perform site visits during construction and operation and perform monthly construction monitoring site visits to review progress against technical specifications, budget and milestone schedule. Compile and review site visit reports and monthly construction monitoring reports.
- Suppor due diligence cost databases including providing updates from project datasets.
- Represent our client at conferences and business development meetings as needed.
apply for this now
+44 1689 669 380