Senior Onshore Installation Project Lead
Leading offshore wind developer looking to appoint a Senior Onshore Installation Project Lead.
This person will be responsible for providing technical support associated with the development, engineering, and execution of the Landfall installation to facilitate the pull in of HV Export cables connecting to Offshore Wind Farms.
This is a permanent full-time position based in the United Kingdom (location flexible).
- Managing the design and engineering of all aspects of the Landfall scope including driving the deliverables of consultants and ensuring that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements.
- Leading the interface with other work scopes, both onshore and offshore, ensuring alignment with Landfall installation.
- Preparing documentation to feed permitting with the technical solution, ensuring that the method and design for the Landfall scope are both viable and comply with the legal commitments.
- Leading the technical aspect of the procurement process to ensure we engage a Contractor with the capabilities needed to deliver the Landfall scope, considering safety, quality, budget, and schedule etc.
- Provide technical expertise to support the Project Manager in decision making and its substantiation, through the lifecycle of the project including optioneering, development, engineering, and construction.
- Demonstrable experience within engineering or delivery of landfall installations, including both onshore and offshore (nearshore) works.
- Familiar with the principles of Trenchless Technology including HDD for long length/large diameter/complex installations.
- Ability to present and explain technical material to non-technical personnel.
- Able to work on numerous tasks, challenges, projects simultaneously and independently.
- Drive collaboration and co-ordination between various internal stakeholders to ensure the optimum solution for the project is progressed, recognising the constraints on both the Landfall scope and those affecting our interface parties.
- Take responsibility for all technical aspects relating to Landfall design, engineering, procurement, and construction to ensure the effective installation of high voltage export cables can be achieved.
- Knowledge of marine operations, particularly nearshore and associated with Landfall installations.
- Appreciation of cable installation either subsea or land HV cables.
- Preferably have in-depth knowledge of civils design and operation including trenchless technology (i.e.: HDD, Direct Pipe etc) and direct burial/excavation of trenches within the onshore/offshore environment
- Knowledge of FIDIC & AIA contracts would be an advantage.