Senior Project Manager
Our client are a pan-European renewable energy developer, owner, and operator managed by a team of professionals who have decades of experience across more than 30 energy markets.
They are seeking a passionate and talented Senior Project Manager to join their team in Wales (remote, based in Wales).
As Senior Project Manager, reporting to the management team in Scotland, you will manage several renewable energy projects, that are progressing from inception through to consent and construction. Your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Working as a key member of the Development Team to support the de-risking of early-stage projects as well as helping support the progress of projects from development into pre-construction
- Undertaking analysis to identify renewable energy opportunities against key criteria
- Managing the preparation of technical reports and participating in the presentation of the results of technical studies
- Working with familiar software tools to analyse sites and carry out site surveys to identify the viability for commercial wind/ renewable projects
- Progressing projects in a timely manner to contractual conclusion and planning consent
- Leading preliminary and detailed multidisciplinary technical studies during the prospecting, site assessment, EIA, consenting and design phases of all renewable developments
- Coordinating external consultants to undertake Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and planning/consenting submissions.
- Developing and maintaining project registers for each project managed
- Managing and monitoring project risks and budget and report to management team on project progress
- Developing and implementing an effective stakeholder and communications strategy to engage with and build trusted relationships with landowners, local communities, planning authorities, statutory consultees and other key stakeholders, participating in site and community visits and meetings
- Liaising effectively with team members and consultants to ensure the projects are suitably resourced
Skills / Qualifications:
- A good degree in a relevant discipline
- UK Driving Licence
- Project management, organisational, multi-tasking and communication skills
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities
- Collaborative working across the company and multiple projects
- Ability to prepare and write clear, high quality, concise, accurate reports and communications in English
- Ability to manage own time effectively and prioritise own workload to allow timely delivery of tasks