Our client is a global leading solar developer and is keen to hire a Sr. Project Manager to join their fast-growing team in Taiwan, Taipei.
For success this role, you would be strong at below qualification & experience:
- At least 10 years of prior experience in construction of power plants, at least 5 years in the renewable energy from a construction perspective in the country of reference, from an EPC, DNO or similar company to asset owner
- Deep knowledge of the development, construction, interconnection, commissioning process of Solar PV plants in the country of interest, including HSE requirements
- Successful track record in delivering the projects with no accidents and on-time and managing the key stakeholders.
- Successful track record in maintaining the administrative and commissioning of the plant on time in the geography of reference on time, working directly with the relevant stakeholders.
- Previous experience of managing a team is essential.
- Previous experience as Site Manager or engineering manager is a bonus
- Previous experience in the Renewable Energy sector & project management is essential, in the geography of reference.
- Experience of managing construction of large-scale PV Solar projects bigger than 50MW.
- Strong technical knowledge of the industry and technology used.
- Ability to understand technical requirements, drawings and product specifications.
- Strong contract management skills and drafting of contractual letters.
- Strong relationship with EPC's.
- Strong relationship with the relevant stakeholders to facilitate the interconnection process of the projects in the country.
- Knowledge of fundamental project management systems and procedures in the construction industry
- Degree in engineering or construction or equivalent qualification.
- Additional contract management and PMP courses will be a bonus.
- Full driving license
About the role:
- Ensure the development of the project considers HSE and construction criteria during the planning stage and the RFP basic design.
- * Ensure the design review process for the EPC basic design is performed and actioned at the right time before the execution of the contract or the activity.
- Ensure in coordination with the different teams involved that the RFP documentation, technical and commercial proposals review, shortlist, contract negotiations are adequate. Including the review and preparation of any contractual documents required prior to the contract execution.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with the local team and at a global level to support business development
- At contract signature, coordinate all aspects of the project until the start of commercial operations and successful hand over to the Asset Management team.
- Ensure all projects are built safely and in agreement with company's requirements, as well as local regulations, including the project permits.
- Continuously monitor the HSE KPI and activities on site, to ensure the site maintains proper housekeeping and it is a safe environment to work in. Coordinate with the HSE corporate and local teams on any HSE risks, and audits.
- Lead the legal aspects of the project, including the responses to any contractual requirements, LNTP, NTP, claims, requests for information, letters from the contractor, change orders, etc, coordinating with the legal team as needed to issue these.
- Work with the EPC team at a global level to improve procedures and specifications. This also applies to relationships and procedures with the business development, asset management and O&M teams.
- Coordinate and supervise the works of the Construction Manager (internal or external), and/or the Owner´s Engineer as the strategy for each project may be. In the event of external MC or OE, the PM is expected to actively participate in this process and develop any scopes specific to the project and list of potential suppliers.