Location - Remote with offices Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow or London
Taylor Hopkinson are working closely with a leading offshore wind consultancy, driven by a team of unique and diverse individuals, to accelerate the energy transition and overcome the sector's challenges. We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Structural Lead to join our team and play a vital role in our mission.
As the Structural Lead, you will be a key player within our Offshore Renewables Team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of various projects, with a primary focus on structural engineering, particularly in the field of offshore renewable energy.
- Lead and manage structural engineering projects, both in discipline-specific and multi-disciplinary scopes, with a strong emphasis on offshore wind initiatives.
Contribute to the development of our business strategy and capability for structural design, especially in the Concept Select / Pre-FEED stages, aligning it with our broader business objectives.
- Provide technical expertise as Owners Engineering, Technical Management, and Project Management for structural work packages, ensuring successful execution and client satisfaction.
- Play a key role in mentoring and upskilling junior engineers, leveraging your experience from relevant industries to strengthen our offshore renewable energy team.
- Offer valuable strategic and technical input for tenders and project deliverables, driving excellence in our services.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in compliance with internal and client requirements, maintaining high-quality standards.
- Minimum of 10+ years of overall experience, with a focus on structural analysis within offshore renewable energy structures being highly desirable.
- Demonstrate a strong track record in FEED, detailed design, construction, and/or T&I phases, with the ability to effectively translate this expertise into value during the Concept and pre-FEED stages.
- Showcase a deep understanding of industry codes and standards, along with proficiency in relevant software packages for offshore renewable energy projects.
- Be highly motivated to contribute to the growth of our structural engineering capability and the success of our offshore renewable energy team.
- Act as a technical advisor for structural aspects in cross-disciplinary offshore renewable energy and marine renewables projects, as well as in due diligence and advisory scopes.
- Possess exceptional report writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities, with the ability to motivate and guide a technical team towards achieving objectives.
- Possess excellent communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organisation and key stakeholders.
- Be flexible and adaptable to manage multiple projects and meet various business requirements simultaneously.
- Hold a degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering (or similar qualification).