T & I Manager
The Transport & Installation Manager (T&I) will be part of a new development and execution team working directly for the developer of ScotWind offshore wind projects.
Taylor Hopkinson is retained to build out the project team for a new consortium. This team will develop & execute ScotWind projects as well establishing a core team for an international pipeline of offshore wind projects.
- Manage the conceptual design, development and implementation of the overall T&I strategy.
- Manage and monitor the schedule and development budget related to project deliverables.
- Define and update project related transport and installation costs as part of the CAPEX.
- Engage in tendering and negotiation process and participate in discussions with contractors.
- Ensure the provision of required technical requirements throughout all aspects of the T&I strategy and execution.
- Identify and mitigate the site-related technical risks during the development phase.
- Engage all technical contractors in the aims and values of the project.
- Be accountable for ensuring that installation engineering matters are in accordance with legislation, ethics, industry standards, tender technical requirements, regulatory aspects, and project policies.
- Demonstrable experience working with large offshore construction projects.
- In depth knowledge of transport and installation activities.
- Technical background in engineering or relevant discipline.
- Evidence of creating and developing transport and installation strategy.
- Ability to negotiate contracts for large projects.
- Broad knowledge of HQSE problematics in construction projects.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact and engage with project stakeholders.