Testing and Termination Client Representative
Job ID 12228
Testing & Termination Client Representative required to join a major Offshore Windfarm developed in the UK.
- The Client Representative shall work with the Cables Package team and Contractor to ensure delivery of the installation work scope and follow the approved procedures and project safety, quality, and environmental standards.
- Maintain an accurate record of the construction, detailing the technical work scope, time taken for each step of the operation, and reviewing management of change requests.
- Monitor, track, and report on the EPCI Contractor's delivery of the testing and termination work scope.
- Possess a strong awareness of the EPCI Contract structure and be able to act in a manner that protects / limits the Employer from any possible claims or damages from the Contractor.
- Participate in daily progress calls with Construction Management and other project meetings as required.
- Be familiar with the respective contract, procedures, contractor's programme and any other relevant contractor documents.
- Monitor, evaluate and report Contractor's progress in coordination with the Installation/Construction and Package Manager.
- Prepare Daily Progress reports.
- Maintain the required progress spreadsheets daily for submission to the Package and Installation manager.
- Participate in periodic meetings with the Contractor.
- Prepare minutes from onsite meetings.
- Review and comment on Contractor Daily Progress Reports (DPR) highlighting any deviations with Contractors record of events for that period.
- Record times and durations for all works conducted including working and downtime.
- Track and record onsite weather conditions and wave buoy data to ensure the Contractors vessels are meeting weather performance requirements and recording on Contractor DPR's when they fail to do so.
- Ensure contractor compliance with the Project HSE requirements and objectives.
- Participate in TBT, HIRA, TRA, JSA, HAZOP and any other HSE related meetings prior to and during construction.
- Promote safe and best working practices and compliance with local legislation as directed by the project.
- Ensure that task briefs are carried out prior to each high-risk activity, e.g., lifting operations.
- Ensure that all site tasks are undertaken in accordance with the planned safe method of working and in accordance with the RAMS.
- Responsible for ensuring that all planned HSE Inspections and Audits are completed and that identified actions are closed out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accident / incident reporting and investigations are undertaken in a timely manner and that issues arising are addressed in a timely manner liaising closely with the project HSE department.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, knowledge, and competence within the area of submarine cable installation.
- 10 years of cable testing and termination.
- Valid Offshore medical and GWO approved basic safety training.
- Contractual awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English.