Working for a developer focused on reinforcing and building relationships with stakeholders and communities through engagement activity focused on supporting the project delivery phase of an Offshore Windfarm in Scotland.
- Act as a trusted point of contact for communities, Local Authorities and other local agencies affected by the project and coordinating project team engagement. The role also involves ensuring compliance with regulations and good practice related to public consultation and engagement.
- With the project team to integrate engagement outcomes, and to design and develop proposals for mitigation, compensation, and community investment. It is expected that the Community Relations officer will manage, track and evaluate data on engagement activity and report relevant findings to the project.
- Supports the planning and delivery of engagement activities for the project for key identified groups including local authorities / stakeholders and communities.
- Working with project team to coordinate engagement activities with local authorities / stakeholders and communities – acting as their main point of contact, building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Working with the Public Relations Manager to resolve key issues and oversee integration of the outcomes and outputs of local authorities / stakeholders and community engagements to the project.
- Overseeing the community engagement activities by the project team and liaising regularly with the onshore works contractor to coordinate activities including the resolution of key issues arising from local residents and business close to the onshore works.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships and acts as a trust point of contact, understanding community issues and underlying concerns – acts as first point of contact for the project in handling complaints and enquiries on the project.
- Supports the project at public meetings and organises and runs engagement workshops/events/meetings
- Where the project elects to do so works developing a Community Investment Plan and programme of investment activities.
- Manages and assesses information and data relating to engagement activities and ensures robust and auditable documentation and recording of engagement activities and outcomes with project reporting.
- Supports the Public Relations Manager in complying with relevant legal requirements and government guidance and good practice on consultation and engagement.
- Identifies and escalate risks, opportunities, issues and concerns to the project promptly and effectively, and assist the project in providing mitigation.
- Supports on boarding training and ensures that project team and contractors are fully briefed on community issues and concerns.
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills and you must be able to quickly establish strong working relationships with colleagues and contractors at all levels.
- Experience of working within a regulated environment / large infrastructure or major energy projects – public sector, utilities, infrastructure etc preferred but not essential.
- Graduate degree level qualification in Communications, Media, Public Relations or External Affairs preferred but not essential.
- Proven experience of delivering and managing effective community relations in a high-profile and complex project.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of community and stakeholder engagement best practice, and of the requirements and regulations related to public consultation and engagement.
- Experience of implementing stakeholder or community engagement processes and procedures.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of using a variety of communication channels for engagement, including traditional and digital.
- Experience of developing and delivering community investment projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to simply communicate complex concepts in a compelling, concise and creative way.
- Skilled in working collaboratively with others in a complex integrated environment.
apply for this now
+44 7710 074 615