Taylor Hopkinson have been retained by Ventient, the third largest generator of onshore wind in the UK to appoint a Director of Asset Management to join their senior management team. This key hire for the business will take on responsibility for the management of all operational aspects of their UK wide portfolio of 690MW and work with the 42 existing staff members across departments and lead the activities of the 11 person asset management team.
Based in Edinburgh the successful candidate will lead the activities that will improve operational performance in generation, availability and operational expenditure.
- Develop an asset management plan to ensure asset optimisation and best value, including consideration for lifetime extension and repowering projects
- Managing and developing an Asset Management team of operations and maintenance professionals to drive performance improvement and manage operational risk and the business’ growth plans
- Collaborate with the Procurement and Commercial Manager to optimize O&M contracts, assist in the improvement of new contracts
- Stakeholder engagement with OEM manufacturers, Funds and Landowners
- In conjunction with the HSE Manager, ensure that the Asset Management team and contractors safety performance is maintained at the highest standards
- Assist in due diligence for portfolio growth activity
- Working with internal stakeholders to implement improvement initiatives that assist in greater generation capabilities
- Responsible for capital expenditure and operational budgets in the portfolio
- Management of reporting on operational performance and the development and implementation of KPIs
- A highly experienced manager of onshore windfarm portfolios, capable of managing operational teams and being a leader that nurtures and develops teams to consistently ensure the successful management of the portfolio’s assets
- Proven track record of the achievement of asset management strategies with a broad understanding of the technical, legal and commercial issues and risks involved in energy projects
- Experienced in the management of HV/LV electrical plant operations and maintenance, able to provide guidance and support to the asset management team
- Able to manage relationships and drive performance improvements, able to manage the cost of outsourced services
- Demonstrable experience of industry best practices and relevant documentation, monitoring and reporting
This a truly unique chance to lead the asset management strategy of a leading organisation that is driving improvements of it’s existing operations and investing in its future at an exciting time in the renewable energy sector. If you would like to discuss details further please contact Simon Cairns on +447548 212 930 or apply via the link below.
Apply for this Now
+44 141 559 6160