The Head of Origination & Development leads renewables projects from origination, through development to a final investment decision. Working with the client's global Development, Engineering and Asset Management teams, the role owner is responsible to identify and manage projects towards ready-to-build status in accordance with the strategic goals, as well as technical and commercial requirements.
- Development activities: Drive the origination and development of wind, solar and hybrid projects in line with strategic targets and apply your specialist knowledge and experience to optimise projects, especially with regards to site identification and land securing, permitting, grid connection, windfarm design; working together with internal experts and external support
- Project management: Conduct the project management, incl. key general processes such as: coordination and stakeholder management of all project related interfaces; negotiations of project contracts; planning and monitoring of project activities, milestones, budgets and risks; procurement activities; supporting the economic assessment of projects
- Project acquisitions: Support any project acquisition process, i.e. due diligence work and preparation of investment decisions
- Leadership: Build-up and inspire a diverse team of initially 3-5 people.
- Research: Conduct market research, especially with regards to the renewable energy market regulation and offtake/auction system mechanism/processes
- HSE: Promote our high HSE standards and procedures; Share local insights and ensure that global best practices and learnings get implemented locally.
- Governance & Administration: Assist in the creation of a highly-effective local wind development, construction management and operations organisation in accordance with client policies and procedures?
- Engineering or analytical/quantitative degree with a further post graduate qualification desirable
- At least 3 years of experience in the renewables industry, preferably in or related to origination, development and/or construction activities; Work experience in an international European or US group is a plus
- Proven leadership skills and managerial experience, ability to build and develop high performance teams
- Understanding of energy markets, renewable technologies and of national and regional regulation relevant for wind onshore development (e.g. to provide guidance in the permitting process)
- Very good Project Management skills and proven track record of project delivery, experience in due diligence processes is highly welcome; Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office, mapping and other applicable software is strongly preferred
- Ability to analyse and summarise complex development topics and aggregate decision-relevant information to convey messages clearly and concisely
- Acting comfortably in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across country boundaries with a sense for diversity and inclusion; Ability to building and maintain a contact network and business relationships;
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Willingness to travel regionally (frequently) and also internationally (occasionally)
apply for this now