Taylor Hopkinson have been retained to search for and select a Electrical Package Manager to be responsible for providing technical and project management input during the project lifecycle for a major offshore windfarm project.
- Carry out optimization studies of the electrical systems design, offshore and onshore substations and cables arrangement.
- Integrate electrical system design into site layout optimization studies.
- Coordinate and manage external consultants to create electrical design documents and deliver required engineering and cost optimization studies.
- Manage, coordinate or be involved in key supplier meetings for electrical equipment and meetings with suppliers for critical packages.
- Ensure that designs and equipment performance comply with local and international standards and codes, regulatory aspects and project policies
- Responsible for offshore electrical engineering reviews and design risk assessments focused on HSE aspects.
- Technology search, screening and cost assessment using analytical tools for different electrical systems.
- Review and approve technical specifications for electrical works.
- Provide input to outline design of the project during development and pre-construction.
- Develop effective relationships with system and component suppliers.
- Undertake and manage technical bid reviews and tender evaluations.
- Prepare and negotiate procurement and electrical specification for wind farm substations, cables and wind turbine contract packages.
- Collect offshore wind farm BoP cost data and investigate cost reduction solutions through innovative electrical system design and construction methods
- Significant experience with an energy developer or contractor performing the role of a Electrical Manager.
- Degree qualification or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Exposure to submarine cable design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning
- Knowledge of transformers, HV Components & SCADA systems.
- Experience in supporting development, Design/Engineering & construction phases of power generation or transmission aspects relating to offshore wind projects.
- Proven project management track record in offshore wind farm projects.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Ability to re-locate to Tokyo.
apply for this now
+44 7710 074 615