Cable Termination & Testing Commissioning Supervisor
Experienced Cable Termination & Testing Commissioning Supervisor for a leading European offshore windfarm. Contract will be mid 2021 on long term freelance basis.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for supervising the inter array cables commissioning team in performing the supervision of the testing and termination of array cables.
- Ensure that outstanding works and quality issues are detected and reported.
- Ensure that work is carried out in compliance with the project HSE rules and local legislation.
- Ensure that the work is organised and done according to the Employer's requirements.
- Ensure that tests are carried out and commissioning work documented according to rules, procedures and templates.
- Ensure that the progress of commissioning is reported in daily progress reports.
- Contribute to proactive management, good coordination and communication between all parties.
- Be available to attend call-outs in accordance with vessel movements.
- Familiarisation with the project's testing philosophy and documentation/requirements.
- Review test results ensuring a quality asset is provided.
- Alignment and witnessing of offshore cable testing and termination at each offshore location.
- Day-to-day supervision of contractor's commissioning activities.
- Participate in the preparation & follow up of snagging lists.
- Ensure compliance with permit to work and electrical safety rules.
- Ensure necessary safety signs/notices, barriers etc. are implemented on a day-to-day basis during the commissioning as per the HSE guidelines.
- QA/QC inspection walk down.
- Confined Space inspections as needed.
- Participate in the daily site meetings.
- Participate in verifying that the commissioning is documented according to the Employer's requirements, rules and guidelines.
- Supervise contractor's commissioning team with transfer of assets to O&M.
- Participate in preparing handover certification to O&M.
- Ensure that the work is optimised according to the weather forecast.
- Non-Conformance and Damage/ Defect Reporting.
- WTG, FOU and OSS package interfaces alignment.
- End of shift handover report.
- Witness Soak test, VLF, sheath, TDR and OTDR testing wherever planned.
- Ad-hoc tasks (both onshore and offshore).
- Significant experience supervising cable jointing activities within the offshore wind sector.
- MV Cable testing or experience including OTDR.
- Adaptable, and ready to work with an international team.
- Should be able to perform basic tasks on MS Office.