Our client is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore/offshore wind projects, solar and emerging renewable technologies. They construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and are committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
The UK team focuses on wind project development, acquisition, and construction, both in the UK and Ireland.
Due to the dynamic growth, they are expanding the team in Edinburgh and are currently looking for a Construction Manager.
- Managing the safe and successful delivery of an onshore wind farm with commercial operations expected Q4 2022.
- Scheduling and managing all internal and external resources necessary for the realisation of the construction-related activities of specific wind farms, with appropriate delegation to and management of specific specialists within other departments or subcontractors.
- Responsibility for the coordination and delivery of all construction-related contracts (TSA, O&M, BoP, insurance, etc.)
- Leading on regular construction project progress meetings with all stakeholders and preparing standard management reporting documents in relation to risks, progress, value and costs for the Head of Construction and Project Manager.
- Liaison with the Operations Management team to ensure effective handover into the operational phase.
- Supporting the in-house legal team in preparation of the construction related contracts, SHEQ Manager in site audits and pro-active management of Health and Safety on sites.
- Business development activities related to project acquisitions, including preparation of construction budgets, coordinating technical advisors, and assisting in the preparation of business case/investment decision papers.
- You are technically and digitally inclined with a degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering post-graduate experience working on the construction aspects of UK onshore wind projects.
- Understanding of the structure, content and operational requirements of standard form construction contracts including FIDIC Yellow, Red and Silver Book and NEC 3.
- Significant previous experience of managing input from colleagues, external advisors, and contractors across a wide range of technical, financial, and commercial matters.
- Experience of managing a dedicated Site Manager or Resident Engineer to support project delivery and commercially aware with good experience of managing challenging negotiations and disputes.
- Organised and pragmatic with an ability to find solutions to challenging problems and excellent communication skills, both written (presentations, reports, documents) and spoken.
- Adept at building strong, cooperative, and productive relationships with the key contractors involved in realising projects.