Taylor Hopkinson has been engaged to appoint a Construction Manager to join one of the world's fastest-growing developers of offshore renewable energy infrastructure.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for leading a team in the safe and efficient delivery of an offshore windfarm, including construction and installation of foundations, inter array cables and WTG equipment. This role will form part of the multi-disciplinary project team which, if successful, will work together in the development, construction and operation of wind farms off the west coast of the Netherlands. You will be joining one of the world's leading energy businesses with a rapidly growing portfolio of global offshore wind projects.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the Netherlands.
- Lead a diverse multi-discipline team in delivering major offshore wind construction and installation work scopes.
- Manage technical construction interfaces with all vendors and contractors, internal teams, equipment and material suppliers.
- Provide site safety leadership by consistently demonstrating a commitment to safety initiatives.
- Identify health, safety, and environmental (HSSE) risks and communicate as appropriate.
- Proactively build mutually beneficial working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Develop in-depth working knowledge of offshore wind related contracts between company and its vendors and contractors.
- Promote technical assurance, iterative development, and rapid learning cycles using agile practices.
- Understand data sources available and drive effective, consistent use of data in decision-making.
- Review quality assurance and control plans where applicable and contribute to quality management initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Lead all relevant and applicable HAZIDS, HAZOPS, and risk assessments and ensure all resulting action items are closed-out at the appropriate time.
- Review and approve onshore/offshore execution procedures including contingency plans that are compliant with company technical and assurance requirements.
- Prepare and develop installation aide/equipment technical and functional requirements for offshore execution.
- Support technical and engineering functions in offshore execution activities as required.
- Demonstrable offshore construction-related experience, ideally within offshore wind but other sectors considered.
- Experience in leadership role relating to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental objectives and delivering safe and efficient offshore execution.
- Knowledge and experience with offshore/marine/subsea construction operations and associated activities.
- Experience working with construction vessels and supply vessels.
- Experience in simultaneous operations involving offshore construction.
- Project management skills covering aspects such as cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, vendor oversight, and ability to execute independently.
- Track record of interfacing across multiple functions and organisations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to manage up and down in high-stress situations.
- Knowledge and experience of projects operations and greenfield activities.