Director Offshore Asset Optimization
Established offshore wind developer seeking a Director, Offshore Asset Optimization to join their team as they develop offshore wind projects in the US. This position will lead and support the development of the O&M strategy for the company's offshore wind projects during development and construction phases. The Director Offshore Asset Optimization will have high work capacity, proven experience in operations in the Renewables or Oil & Gas Industry, and a passion to build operations capabilities, both internal and external, building partnerships with services providers. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization to be successful.
- Lead the development of the company's O&M strategy and setup the organization including: definition of the company's role and scope for future operational projects, definition of the operation processes, in particular related to HSE and work & marine coordination, lead the definition of recruitment needs for O&M resources lead the definition of the trainings for all the O&M personnel and contractors.
- Ensure that the O&M elements of the EPCI contracts and WTG TSA are properly addressed during the consulting, contracting and delivery phase by the Contractors, including O&M manuals
- Support or lead the contracting of the various contracts required for the operation and maintenance, in particular: Crew transport vessel (CTV, SOV, etc.), Foundation maintenance, OSS maintenance, Underwater surveys and inspection, Miscellaneous statutory inspections, Vessel Traffic Management System (VTMS)
- Ensure that all O&M contracts are in place before taking over dates
- Ensure that the O&M logistic infrastructure necessary for the maintenance of the project is delivered when required at the O&M port: delivery of O&M facility, delivery of pontoons and quayside equipment, rental agreement with port authorities if required.
- Ensure that maintenance activities on all elements of the offshore wind farm during construction phase are performed according to their respective O&M plan, whether they are: under the responsibility of the EPCI (e.g. OSS Interim Maintenance), under the responsibility of a third party, under the responsibility of the internal project O&M team
- Lead the definition and execution of the handover plan (including participation to taking over inspections)
- Ensure that all O&M specifications and O&M obligation (including O&M building facilities and pontoons) are adhered to by the EPCI contractors and WTG supplier during detailed design, design for production, construction and commissioning of the project.
- International collaboration and alignment responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with the different stakeholder in the countries to enable an efficient share of expertise in relation to Offshore Operation, in particular with: HSE teams, Asset Optimization Expertise, Offshore Asset Operation teams in the different countries, RED team, work with all the international offshore projects to ensure the best practice in term Asset Operation are shared within the offshore Asset Operation community.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Renewable Energy or Oil & Gas industry
- 10 years+ experience in offshore wind, preferably in operation, commissioning and/or preparation of operation strongly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Naval Architecture or Business required. Master's Degree or other advanced degree desired
- Good knowledge of the offshore HSE regulations and processes
- Comfortable boarding vessels to visit offshore projects and able to fulfill requirements for offshore survival training and other safety training.
- Leadership, organizational and influencing skills required. Able to identify, track and communicate project plan steps and actions
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication, presentation skills required
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365: MS Project application, Visio, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- 80% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), with the remaining 20% of the time spent travelling to visit suppliers and contractors, company offices and to attend conferences including international travel.
- Must be able to sit or stand at computer for a reasonable length of time typing and reading. Regularly required to walk or stand.
- Fluent in English