Opportunity for an experienced offshore wind electrical engineer to be part of a major offshore wind development in Scotland, primarily providing power systems engineering input. The role will also have further involvement in power generation projects and operational assets throughout the client portfolio.
This is a full-time role based in Edinburgh.
- Ensure that safety by design is applied by considering the engineering, construction, operational and decommissioning phases.
- Ensure that health and environmental issues are considered at all stages of the engineering process.
- Scoping, review and management of the electrical design of offshore and onshore substations.
- Scoping and review of the design of unlicensed connection works.
- Technical management of the wind farm overall system design (including studies, protection and SCADA).
- Develop the overall commissioning strategy and process for the wind farm and OFTO assets.
- Electrical point of contact for detailed interface management between transmission works package, WTG substructure and array cable (marine works) package and WTG package.
- Responsible for the scoping and review and of the electrical design of the wind farm export cables array cables.
- Point of contact with NGET on compliance/connection matters.
- Main point of contact with Transmission Works Package Manager for administration of the contract.
- Demonstrable experience in the engineering design process for generation, distribution and transmission systems for offshore wind farms.
- Familiarity with UK and preferably European electrical codes and standards.
- Relevant qualification in electrical engineering or similar (chartered engineer preferred).
- Strong commercial and business awareness.
- Team player with a passion for renewable energy.
- Ability to work between projects and co-ordinate activities.